Students start their year at First Place up to three grade levels behind their peers. They need the right supplies in their backpacks, in the classroom, and at home. Similarly, many of our families are transitioning from homelessness or shelters into permanent or transitional housing, and greatly appreciate items that help them furnish their new homes.
Please help us in collecting supplies for the students at First Place and their families. Our greatest needs vary by time of year, so for the very latest information, please contact us directly. Gifts of cash or gift cards, which offer us the most flexibility in how we serve our clients, are always welcome.
- First Place is in need of regular 8.5×11 white copy paper. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to donate. Thank you!
- For In-kind donations of new or gently-used clothing, school supplies, hygiene/personal items or household items, as well as books or classroom supplies, please contact Joyce Scoggins at email@example.com
- For gifts of cash, gift cards or for more information on special initiatives such as running a drive for First Place, please contact our Development department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What else can I do?
- Contact us to find out which items are most needed currently, and challenge your coworkers, friends and neighbors to join you in collecting the items
- Ask friends and family to make donations to First Place in lieu of gifts for birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, b’nai mitzvot or other special occasions
- Give the gift of time by becoming a First Place volunteer
How to Deliver a Donation
Donations can be delivered to First Place by appointment Monday – Friday between 9am and 3pm. If this time frame does not work in your schedule, please call First Place to arrange a date and time.
We apologize that First Place is unable to pick up donations at this time.